Just for Laughs: Funny Things From the Internet
Maintaining your sanity in school health and education can be a challenge. One of the best ways to keep your spirits high and stay focused on your job is to find humor in your daily situation. To ease your mind, we have compiled a few fun tidbits to make you laugh.
The Fart Chart
While it may seem juvenile, there is just no denying (no matter your age) that there are few things funnier than a fart. If you have ever had a student let one go in your classroom or office, you know the sheer strength it can take to not crack a smile.
When a student is suffering from gastrointestinal issues, they may also suffer from social embarrassment at their flatulence. You can make light of the situation with a fart chart that categorizes farts based on their characteristics.
The Fart Chart:
• Common Quack – A duck with bad breath
• Butt Putt – A quick pop resembling popping bubble wrap
• Slide Whistle – The musical instrument everyone can play
• Swamp Ninja – Too hot and thick to make sound, and the smell sneaks up on you
• Howler – Long and loud like a howl
• Overachiever – A fart that went too far
• Laughtulence – The belly jiggles caused by a funny fart
• Gut Honk – An internal fart before it hits the butt
• Concussion Grenade – hits you hard in the head
• Strangled Balloon Animal – Makes sounds no human should make
The 5 Stages of Teething
The teething stage of childhood can be tasking for any parent or educator. If you have lived through it, you will recognize and identify with these five main stages of teething:
1. Milk Teeth – Just gums
2. Rabid Chipmunk – Front teeth arrive
3. Holy Molars – Big ones move in, leading to misery
4. Fangs – Canines make an appearance
5. Revenge of the Molars – More big ones finally arrive
Teachers With a Sense of Humor
If you follow one Facebook page this year, let it be Teachers with a Sense of Humor. There are regular memes, photos, and general funnies related to the lives of educators. The last year has seen a steady stream of virtual learning and pandemic-related content that could help you find humor in a challenging time.
No matter how stressed your job has you at any moment, keep in mind that there are always safe havens of humor online.
Disclaimer: The information posted on this page is for educational purposes only. If you need medical advice or help with a diagnosis, contact your medical professional.